Sunday, April 28, 2013

All Searches Lead to Sci-Fi

One day while searching for information on Dreadnoughts I found that one still exists and it is here in Texas with Parks and Wildlife. Of course it is named the U.S.S. Texas and is located at the San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site. It was the battle-cry of "Remember the Alamo" that ignited the followers of Sam Houston at San Jacinto in the battle for Texas independence. The U.S.S. Texas BB35 is the oldest and last surviving Dreadnought and it served in both World Wars. http://www.usstexasbb35.com


One of my passions are International Harvesters. I take pictures of Scouts when I travel and occasionally cruse the web for info, pics or parts. I named my 1976 International Scout II (below) Clementine.



Today I was looking up Boneshakers in search of a particular early style of velocipede/bicycle.
Early bicycles had no tires/tubes. They rumbled along on wheels that were made of iron or wood and were literally "bone shaking."



What do my searches have in common? Every time I would search my subjects the Sci-Fi author, Cherie Priest would come up.

I Loved Science Fiction, perhaps this is a sign that I should start reading it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment