Sunday, April 14, 2013

Louie the Ringneck Parakeet



On April 3rd, 2012 we had three major storm systems generating tornados in the DFW area. It was quite a day, I was pulling hat felts in the kitchen and heard that all the schools were in lock down until trouble had passed. Later that afternoon our next-door neighbors found a bird and ask me to bring a cage. I could tell by looking at the bird that it was a parakeet by its beak and I thought it might be an Indian Ringneck, but the bird was blue. That is when I found the video of Marnie the charming Asian Ringneck Parakeet. Below is a video of his birthday party. If only Louie was tame. He acts as if he had never been in a cage before. I posted him on Parrots 911 and Craig's List. No one has claimed him and it has been a year. Louie loves Kroger's 9-grain bread and waffles toasted. Louie's favorites are sweet potatoes, corn, apples, and some greens items, especially celery. He is not sure of peanut butter, but at least he is trying it (eggs, forget it so I gave  him some Quiko egg supplement).  Actually, I have always fed my cockatiel and budgie fresh foods. I think Louie has learned from them because he did not eat much at all when we first found him, today he is very fit and healthy with a fabulous new coat of feathers after his first molt. Watch Marnie, he is as sweet as birds can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment