Saturday, June 15, 2013

I was looking for lightening inspiration and insight through the diagrams search on Google Images.

This caught my eye in an article about group formations. So I looked for other interesting looking articles.


I found a lovely site called boxesandarrows.com. As a creative person I was caught by this title of an article by Dave Feldman. As a visual person I look for pictures - Dave you need more pictures for us visual communicators.

A Truly Ambitious Product Idea: Making Stuff for People

I am always looking for a tool to organize myself and Dave has an app called "Stky." It looked good, and then came the kicker "It is now available for iPhone or iPod Touch." Okay, that leaves me out even thought I have always wanted an iPhone I can't justify the expense of any smart phone in my life right now. Every time I buy something I have to read a manual and that doesn't happen. I did continue reading the article and found that Dave put down in words something I have been trying to describe for months. "Do we want to add additional management overhead to an app for disorganized people? Probably not." That is me, I am the disorganized people he is talking about in the Product Mantra portion of his article. It takes me more time fussing with the technology of organization and reminders than if I use a Post-It. I enjoyed the blog and I never finish reading anything all the way through.

When Dave wraps up he does say that technology is great as long as it is made so people can use it.

"It’s important to make stuff. But it only matters if we make stuff, for people."


My collies are smart, they would probably use an app that dispensed dog biscuits.
(Excuse for another picture)


Maggie & Gracie

I get it now, Stky (Sticky). Ugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment